Sunday, July 08, 2007


Tonight I sat out on my balcony enjoying the gorgeous summer night. I looked in the blue sky and caught a glimpse of a bird soaring over head. For one brief moment I wished that I was a bird. Oh to fly free with out a care. What would that be like? To have wings to just fly away from all the cares of the world. The wind catching my wings and lifting me high above the clouds, up towards the heavens. In the middle of my day dream, my eye caught sight of a fluttering moth. One that I am familiar with as it has been twitting from leaf to leaf on my tree outside for days now. It doesn't appear to know where it's going. It flies between leaves softly touching down , then off it goes in an instant. I think the moth is lost, trying to find a place to land. I relate more to the moth than the bird soaring. In my heart I know the answer. I know how to become a soaring bird and not a fluttering moth. It's just the journey that I find so difficult.

4 comments:

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

You'll get there, though. :)

Michelle said...

But just imagine your life or circumstances if you don't take those steps you know you need to take. Does it look any better? I too know there are things in my life I should be doing. Tough stuff, but I am sure it will be worth it.

Wanda said...

Great analogy between soaring and fluttering...we do both most of our lives, don't we!!!

wandi said...

Thanks for the encouragement Michelle. Wanda I agree with you. It seems in life sometimes we soar and sometimes we flutter.