Monday, February 25, 2008

Lately I have been faced with stuff in life. I have had to ask myself some very difficult questions. Those questions are as follows......

If I had a chance to do it all over again, would I????
My answer to that is a resounding yes, yes, and by all means yes!!!!!! I seem to have so many regrets in my stage of life right now. As I think of the long list , many things stick out to me.

1) I would yell way less! ( Except if it is into a pillow or out on the lone prairie where I know I am alone. My poor kids! I do realize that a person can't keep it all inside and not bust. I am famous for stuffing things under the rug. A dangerous thing I know!

2) I would trust more! Or at least I would would try my very best. Trust is very huge thing for me and I have been betrayed many times in my life!

3) Love deeper! Although I do not know how to love my children, grandchildren, and daughter, son, inlaw more than I already do. I love them so much that it hurts. I would give my life for them!


4) I would take more risks! This too is so huge as I am a very cautious person.

5) Exercise more and eat less! Need I say more?

6) Exercise more and indulge less! Need I say more?

7) Take the risk of making friends (even though they always leave). I now realize that friends can be long term or for just a season. I seem to have friends that I get so close to and then leave. It is so painful.

8) I would be more patient! I have had a hard time being patient in the past. I want it now.!!!!!!!

9) Trust God more! After all I do realize that God does know best!

10) Even though I know God knows what's best for my life , I always take back control. What the heck is wrong with me??

11) I would matter!!!! I do matter!!!! I think I matter?????? I feel I don't matter. These are all lies....... In actual fact I do matter...... RIGHT!

5 comments:

Jen said...

You don't have to start all over to make changes! No time like the present to start doing many of those things on your list. :)

Best of luck.

Wanda said...

YOU DO MATTER...YOU MATTER TO ME! YOU MATTER TO A LOT OF PEOPLE!! I FELT THAT CONNECTION FROM THE BEGINNING!!

YOU LIST IS GREAT...WE ALL NEED TO HAVE THAT!

BTW...THANKS FOR PLAYING THE GAME AND I LOVED YOUR ANSWERS !

Michelle said...

Midlife is a time for rediscovering yourself Wanda. It is a time to make changes, become who you were always meant to be. You have no resposibility for your children anymore so take this time for yourself and just BE.

wandi said...

Oh man, Michelle you have no idea how powerful your words are. I have been thinking about making drastic changes. Not just thinking, but needing to make change. Thanks girl for the cheer!

Muhd Imran said...

Wow. That is one powerful list. Good for you.

I believe that everybody matters to someone whether it be yesterday, today or tomorrow... for a brief period or a lifetime, the dynamics of life. Just embrace the good moments and learn from the bad.

That makes life that much colorful to witness with God as our guidance, strength and belief.