Wednesday, January 18, 2006



I had the strangest dream the other night. I was playing soccer with stuffed animals. NO I was not kicking stuffed animals about. They were alive ,and moving , and we were a team together. The stuffies were alive and there was a lion. I think it's cuz I watched Narnia. Very good movie. I recommend it! Anyways I don't know who lost or won the game of soccer, but all of a sudden my dad and sister were in my dream. They came to pick me up in my dad's van from the soccer game. They were laughing so hard. My daddy said to me , as I was getting into his van, " let me tell you a joke" He was laughing so hard he could hardly tell the joke. He finally manage to get it out. This is the joke. " What do you get when you put Volvo backwards?" I thought and thought. Well Volvo backwards is Ovlov. No that's not right, sister said. I finally gave up. My sister is in stitches in the front seat gufawing as she spoke the punch line. "blue spruce" She chokes out in a fit of giggles. What? I don't get it? What do you mean blue spruce? I don't get it. My dad and sister are hysterical by this time, thinking this was the funniest joke they had ever heard in their lives. I almost felt embarrassed because my stupid brain could not grasp the punch line of the joke. Then I heard my alarm calling me from my slumber. Nooo, I don't want to wake up yet. I want to know the meaning of this joke. I still don't get it. My dad and sissy sure thought it was funny. Why do we dream the dreams we do? As I sat doing my early morning duties, I started to laugh. I was just having a good giggle over palying with stuffies, and my families warped sense of humour. And believe me they do have warped senses of humour. I'm thankful for them though. They help me laugh instead of cry. Keep things light and not so dreary.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Bizzare! I'm often left wondering "where the heck did that dream come from???"

kelle said...

That sure is one weird dream. It's amazing to me what our minds do when we have no control over them while sleeping! It must've been fun playing soccer with those stuffed animals though!