Thursday, September 07, 2006


I can't believe how beautiful it has been here. We have had hardly any rain in 3 months. It is hot and dry. For Sept. it has been in the mid to high 20's. I love it . I want to hang on to it as long as I possibly can. Although I don't much like the hot, hot days, I 'd take them over the cold days of winter any time. With winter there is a sadness. It makes me feel blue. I love color, and the dreary grey drab days of winter make me sad.
So I will enjoy the last few days of warm weather that we have. Soon it will be many months of cold and grey. I do love fall. I love the fresh, crisp air and golden leaves. It is the yuck of winter I do not like. I just have to come to terms with it . I wonder how long that will take. I have lived here for 12 years now. Oh well, with winter, comes the promise of spring and summer. And so the cycle goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy summer but not hot like we have had it. My favorite season is fall.