Friday, April 06, 2007



Just a spoon full of Abby helps the medicine go down.




I had such a wonderful afternoon. My little sweetness Abby came for a visit. It was just her and I for a couple of hours. Even though she had the sniffles from a cold, she was such a delight. I fed her lunch and then we went for a walk . I have a wooden doll stroller that I let her take out along with a teddy bear of her choice( I have a few bears that I have collected over the years). She happily walked along pushing the teddy in the stroller stopping every so often to collect pine cones(porcupine's, as she called them) and run freely on the grass outside my apartment. She found a pine tree that she just had to crawl on the ground under the branches. It was so cute to watch. When she came out from under the tree she was covered in pine needles. In her hair and down her pants. We came inside and got rid of the nasty scratchy tree bits and had a snack. She said to me " that was a nice walk gamma". It was indeed my Abby girl. She is the best medicine ! If you are having a bad day, all you need is a good dose of Abby. She is so sweet. I had such a bad, downer of a day yesterday at work, and today when I spent time with sweetie, all the cares of the world just melted away. There is something about the innocence of a child that makes all the worries disappear. Nothing else matters. So I say thanks to my son and daughter in law for sharing her with me. You may say I did you a favor for looking after Abby , but believe me when I say it was me that received the favor and blessing.

1 comment:

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

She made me smile -- that's at midnight! She looks like my Hannah Abigail (2)