Tuesday, October 18, 2005


I have to write about one of my pet peaves. It's short people. Oh wait I fall under that category. Okay just being short can be a pain in the patootie. You know all the quotes. " Great things come in small packages." Or " Dynamite comes in small packages." Ya ya I've heard it all before. Sometimes it just plain sucks to be short! I had to go out to get a perscription filled today and needed to stop at the bank machine. My bank has this cool new drive through ATM. I thought to myself save time and drive on through. Not. I got up to the window all ready with my car window rolled down and bank card in hand. Well when I stuck my hand out the window I came up extremly short. I couldn't reach the key pad. Wah. It was up so high. At least for me. Must have been a tall person that invented that. I ended up having to go to the ATM inside the bank, which didn't save time at all. There have been other occassions where I've come up short. In the grocery store for instance. I find the one ingredient I'm looking for and it's on the very top shelf, pushed all the way to the back. I'm sure it must be a joke. Are there cameras on me , spying to see how I'm going to get the item down? I try to grab another item to knock what I'm after forward. I only succeed in pushing it farther back. Arrg. I then decide to wait until someone tall comes along. In my dreams it's always tall dark and handsome that comes to my rescue, helping the damsel in distress. In reality, it's usually another woman who got my share of the height genes. One of my favorite sayings is " I'm not overweight, Just under tall." Others just say I'm vertically challenged. It is a lot of fun to fantasize about a gorgeous tall dark handsome stranger comeing to my rescue in the middle of the grocery aisle. We strike up a conversation, find out we have so much in common , then he invites me for coffee and we live happily ever after. Ya in my dreams. Right now I have to just deal with being vertically challenged. That's the way the short ball bounces.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Atleast you don't have to bend down as far to get things on the bottom shelf. :)

wandi said...

Hey Michelle. I don't think I'm all that short until I have to reach up high. I'm 5'1". Seems tall enough to me. But yet I fall short.